I hope you’re all well and staying safe!
It’s been a while since I’ve posted on my blog. I’ve missed you all and can’t wait to catch up on all the amazing posts. This year has been heavy for the collective but in many ways a blessing for some of us. This is the first time in years that I’ve had the opportunity to truly pause and be present. I’ve taken full advantage of this opportunity and used my time to rest, play, and delve into my passions. I’m looking forward to blogging more consistently in 2021 as I have so much I want to share with you all.
Anyhoo, back to the topic. I want to share with you some lessons I’ve learned from 2020. Around this time of year, I spend time digesting what has happened throughout the year. This year is different because even though there hasn’t been much physical movement, the lessons I’ve learned this year have been profound.
Here are five lessons I’ve learned from 2020:
- You can’t control everything- No matter how much you think you are in control, you can’t predict the future. Covid-19 has been a harsh reminder that life can change at any given moment. Whilst it’s important to make plans, there’s always something unpredictable that can happen. It’s important to be flexible and stay present in the moment.
- We need to pause more often- Quarantine forced me to pause. Having the space to think and evaluate life allowed me to put so much into perspective. I realized that I was doing a lot of things that were disrupting my joy. Pausing helps you to stay present and make decisions that are in alignment with your highest and greater good.
- We are chasing other people’s definition of success- When you live on autopilot, you can end up living your life according to other people’s needs and desires. I realized during lockdown that I was living according to other people’s definitions of success. There were so many things I was doing that paused during quarantine that I realized weren’t serving me. This period has forced me to ask myself whether the things that I want were truly what I desire for my life. As a result, I am currently on a journey to remove anything from my life that’s stealing my joy and peace.
- We need to talk about death- A lot of people have lost their lives due to Covid-19. This year has forced us to deal with the reality of death like never before. Even though death is an inevitability, it’s something that we often avoid talking about because it’s painful and uncomfortable. I think this year has allowed us to move closer towards normalizing talking about death.
- Health is precious– Covid-19 has been a reality check for many of us. It’s become important more than ever to look after our physical health. This year was the first time I saw more collective conversations around boosting our immune systems. Even though Covid-19 doesn’t discriminate, it’s reminded us that we need to take our health seriously. Health is wealth and can’t be taken for granted.
A reminder: You made it through 2020! Never forget how much of a blessing it is.
Question: What lessons have you learned from 2020?
I’d love to hear from you!
Love Ash, x
Leave a Reply