What is the Sunshine Blogger Award all about?
It is about recognising the community of fellow bloggers for their creativity and positivity. I want to specially thank Buloka Orry for nominating me for this award. Her blog posts are inspirational and they have been so encouraging to me. Kindly check out her blog here.
I remember when I first joined the blogging world and saw these awards but never thought I’d be nominated for one. I am so thankful for this platform and being able to connect with so many amazing people. I am continuously inspired by you all. This platform has truly transformed my life and helped me find the light out of my most darkest days. Thank you all for continuing to inspire me!
The rules of this award are as followed:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in you post.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
The questions I was asked:
- Why did you start a blog? I created my blog as an outlet to talk about my struggles with low moods and low self-esteem & my other general interests (politics, relationships, travel).
- What inspires you to write? Writing for me is like going to therapy. It’s healing and it connects you with others who are going through similar things. I am inspired by the fact that being authentic about my journey can help someone else in theirs.
- How has blogging changed your life? It has changed my life for the better! I have connected with so many amazing people and it has afforded me opportunities that I did not expect such as doing workshops on challenging low self-esteem. It literally helped me overcome my low moods and helped me love myself more. It’s something that occupies a lot of my time too so my life looks much different than before. I am so thankful for this platform.
- What is your favourite thing about your blog? That my posts are about having a conversation. I love that they sparks dialogue which I find necessary for collective healing.
- Are there bloggers that inspire you in a certain way? So many bloggers inspire me honestly, including Buloka Orry
- If you could leave everything and move to another country, where would you go? There’s so many places to choose from but I’d say Johannesburg. That was one of my favourite places that I visited.
- Who inspires you to be better? My boyfriend, my Sister and friends. I am inspired different people, including those I don’t know (Bell Hooks, Iylana Vanzant etc) and everyday people.
- What songs do you love listening to? I’m a Neo-Soul and Hip Hop gal! Favourite song at the moment is Cleo Sol- Sweet Blue.
- What’s that one thing you can’t do without? Quite time. I need it to function lol.
- What has made you happy recently? My little sister graduated with a degree in Law with Criminology from a top UK university 🙂
- What advice would you give to aspiring bloggers? BE YOURSELF and write in your own style. Also focus on enjoying the process of blogging and don’t equate numbers with how valuable you are.
Here are my nominations for the award:
- Let It Go Coach- https://letitgocoach.com/
- K E Garland – https://kwoted.wordpress.com/
- K. Phoenix- https://pamhsc.wordpress.com/
- Adekula Writes https://adekunleadewunmi.wordpress.com/
- Kelley – https://black-burgundy.com/
- Black Princess Diaries https://theblackprincessdiaries.com/
- Ihagh G.T https://motivation-environment.com/
- Kamran – https://topeducationhub.com/
- Dark Purple Tales- https://darkpurpletales.wordpress.com/
- Lance Sheridan – https://lancesheridan.com/
- Embracing Awkwardness- https://bocc.live/
Questions for the nominees:
- Why did you start a blog?
- What inspires you to write?
- How has blogging changed your life?
- What is your favourite thing about your blog?
- Are there bloggers that inspire you in a certain way? Mention them.
- If you could leave everything and move to another country, where would you go?
- Who inspires you to be better?
- What songs do you love listening to?
- What’s that one thing you can’t do without?
- What has made you happy recently?
- What advice would you give to aspiring bloggers?
Let’s build a bigger tribe. Visit these bloggers and show them some love ❤
Leave a Reply